Is the smell coming out from a portable dehumidifier safe? and to a lesser extent Blue Silica Gel more harmful than the orange ones? are two recent questions that ask for advice on the toxicity (or lack thereof) of certain compounds.
It's certainly "safer" and more objective/cut-and-dried to answer on a chemistry site that something has toxic properties, compared to offering someone treatment advice if they ask on a biology site about a health concern that they are experiencing, as the latter is normally shut down quickly. However, to the extent that dosages and periods of exposure may be critical to advice that we would give, are we better off not providing any more information than a link to an MSDS or inviting the person asking the question to seek advice from a practitioner that knows his/her history better?