I have been in this site for quite a long time. However recently, I saw a lot of duplicate question at the main site and they will mention that they can't find the duplicate of their question. So, I want to ask what are the search guidelines to determine for possible duplicate.
How to discover answers or duplicates
- Search in Google for certain keywords in your question.
- If you didn't get answers from 1, search in Google for certain keywords in your question including
- If you didn't get answers from 2, (these two steps are replaceable) search in here for one/two/three most important keywords in your question.
- If the list is too long, include tags in your search.
- If you didn't get the answer from 3 and/or 4, try Ask Question.
- Do not ask your question right away! Type the title of your question. A clear title which optimally would include your main question.
- Take a look at the section Questions that may already have your answer. Read the ones you think are relevant.
- If you didn't get the answer from 7, type in your question and submit it; then take a look at "related questions".
- If you didn't see the question you were looking for immediately in 8, then there's at least a 90% chance your question isn't in the duplicate orbital.