Some of these questions do have answers, but these answers have negative votes. Only questions with upvotes will be removed from the list. In addition, this list has new questions sprinkled throughout! That means other questions have become popular and need attention, please take a look at the list and answer what you see fit.
How you can help:
- Answer some of these questions!
- Edit questions to make them more polished.
- Start a bounty on some of the more interesting questions.
- Support askers and answerers with upvotes where deserved. If you take a look at the edits made to this question, you can find questions that have been answered by the lovely members of the community.
I modified a query to fit Chem.SE to give us unanswered questions (that are open) and have a high number of views. You can also run the query for one or two answers if you want.
I did find that some questions were quite popular and disappointingly did not contain any answers.
If anyone would like to handle some of these questions, that would be amazing!
Please edit these questions as you see fit (and fix any weird tags.) There is a lot of re-titling to be done and much-needed language cleanup or clarity in the body of the questions. Please upvote the good ones and downvote the bad ones into oblivion.
Below are the Top 20 questions that need answers. Why twenty? I feel that more variety in the questions shown here increases their chance of getting answers.
Hit the 'ole star button on this meta post to get notified of updates.
Here are the top 20 questions needing answers:
- Why does the reaction of sodium nitrate, aluminium, and sodium hydroxide yield ammonia?
- Ionization enthalpy for group 13 elements
- Why is the +3 oxidation state of Cerium more stable than +4?
- How to determine the iron content in spinach from a titration with permanganate solution?
- What exactly is going on in this reaction: sodium bicarbonate (supersaturated aqueous), isopropyl alcohol, and acetic acid (vinegar)?
- NO coordination linear vs bent - valence electron
- At what temperature does charcoal burn?
- The irregular trend in ionization enthalpy of 3d elements
- In rovibrational spectra, when exactly is the Q branch forbidden?
- Storing alcohol in a thermos bottle
- P2NP synthesis ammonium acetate catalyst?
- Unpaired electrons from magnetic moment
- Isopropyl Alcohol Vs Acetone for Dissolving Organic Contaminants on PCB
- Why do higher intermolecular forces lead to a higher change in temperature?
- Convert an image of a chemical structure to a ChemDraw file?
- Chemical Reactions at the Cathode of the Leclanche Cell
- Calculating Solubility Product of AgCl from electrode potential
- How long does it take Freon refrigerant to disappear from a room after an accidental major leakage?
- Electrophilic substitution of an indole as opposed to benzofuran and benzothiophene
- Calculating the pH of a solution of sodium carbonate
I will update the above list...
Please comment on any objections to the posted questions and I'll find another to replace them.