Some of these questions do have answers, but these answers have negative votes. Only questions with upvotes will be removed from the list. In addition, this list has new questions sprinkled throughout! That means other questions have become popular and need attention, please take a look at the list and answer what you see fit.
How you can help:
- Answer some of these questions!
- Edit questions to make them more polished.
- Start a bounty on some of the more interesting questions.
- Support askers and answerers with upvotes where deserved. If you take a look at the edits made to this question, you can find questions that have been answered by the lovely members of the community.
I modified a query to fit Chem.SE to give us unanswered questions (that are open) and have a high number of views. You can also run the query for one or two answers if you want.
I did find that there were some questions that were quite popular and disappointingly did not contain any answers.
If anyone would like to handle some of these questions, that would be amazing!
Please edit these questions as you see fit (and fix any weird tags.) There is a lot of re-titling to be done and much-needed language cleanup or clarity in the body of the questions.
Below are the Top 20 questions that need answers. Why twenty? I feel that more variety in the questions shown here increases the chance they'll get answers.
Hit the 'ole star button on this meta post to get notified of updates.
Here are the top 20 questions needing answers:
- Reaction of phenol with Zinc dust
- Mechanism for an Étard reaction (chromium complex)
- Why rinse flask with distilled water when the flask will be used for storing aliquots of HCl for titration?
- How does VB theory explain the bond angles in SiO2?
- SO3-2 Lewis structure
- Melting and boiling point trend in Group II
- How to calculate the vapour density of a mixture?
- How is benzene prepared from acetylene?
- Calcium carbonate and vinegar
- How do you calculate the equilibrium constant with the absorbance of a substance and the absorbance constant?
- Mechanism of toluene oxidation with CrO3
- Why is density of water maximum at 4 degree celsius?
- Determining iron content in spinach from titration
- How to identify the anode and cathode in a concentration cell?
- At what temperature does charcoal burn?
- Isolation of citric acid from lemon juice
- Does electron shielding increase or stay constant moving LEFT to RIGHT across a period?
- Why is mercury's surface tension so high, when its viscosity is low?
- Which is more electronegative: chlorine or nitrogen?
- Why is the solid product washed with ice-cold solvent during in the last stages of recrystallisation?
I will update the above list...