Some of these questions do have answers, but these answers have negative votes. Only questions with upvotes will be removed from the list. In addition, this list has new questions sprinkled throughout! That means other questions have become popular and need attention, please take a look at the list and answer what you see fit.
How you can help:
- Answer some of these questions!
- Edit questions to make them more polished.
- Start a bounty on some of the more interesting questions.
- Support askers and answerers with upvotes where deserved. If you take a look at the edits made to this question, you can find questions that have been answered by the lovely members of the community.
I modified a query to fit Chem.SE to give us unanswered questions (that are open) and have a high number of views. You can also run the query for one or two answers if you want.
I did find that there were some questions that were quite popular and disappointingly did not contain any answers.
If anyone would like to handle some of these questions, that would be amazing!
Please edit these questions as you see fit (and fix any weird tags.) There is a lot of re-titling to be done and much-needed language cleanup or clarity in the body of the questions. Please upvote the good ones and downvote the bad ones into oblivion.
Below are the Top 20 questions that need answers. Why twenty? I feel that more variety in the questions shown here increases the chance they'll get answers.
Hit the 'ole star button on this meta post to get notified of updates.
Here are the top 20 questions needing answers:
- Why does the reaction of sodium nitrate, aluminium, and sodium hydroxide yield ammonia?
- Ionization enthalpy for group 13 elements
- How to determine the iron content in spinach from a titration with permanganate solution?
- What exactly is going on in this reaction: sodium bicarbonate (supersaturated aqueous), isopropyl alcohol, and acetic acid (vinegar)?
- NO coordination linear vs bent - valence electron
- At what temperature does charcoal burn?
- The irregular trend in ionization enthalpy of 3d elements
- Storing alcohol in a thermos bottle
- P2NP synthesis ammonium acetate catalyst?
- Role of hydrochloric acid and sodium hydroxide in isolation of citric acid from lemon juice
- Unpaired electrons from magnetic moment
- Chemical Reactions at the Cathode of the Leclanche Cell
- Calculating Solubility Product of AgCl from electrode potential
- Is iron(III) carbonate stable in water?
- Electrophilic substitution of an indole as opposed to benzofuran and benzothiophene
- Is cobalt (III) hexaaqua paramagnetic or diamagnetic?
- Heavy water dielectric constant
- Why do higher intermolecular forces lead to a higher change in temperature?
- Isopropyl Alcohol Vs Acetone for Dissolving Organic Contaminants on PCB
I will update the above list...
Do please comment any objections to the posted questions and I'll find another to replace it.