I know we use Mathjax/mhchem.

What I would like to know, is if its possible to cross out units as part of dimensional analysis.

Here is an example of the desirable effect:


1 Answer 1


MathJax includes \cancel{} and \bcancel{}; however, this extension is not loaded by default on Chemistry.SE. It can be manually loaded using \require{cancel}.


$$\require{cancel}y=\frac{(x+1)\cancel{(x+2)}}{3\cancel{(x+2)}}$$ $$\require{cancel}y=\frac{(x+1)\cancel{(x+2)}}{3\cancel{(x+2)}}$$

$$\require{cancel}m=n\cdot M=2.50\ \mathrm{mol}\times60.05\ \mathrm{g/mol}=150\ \frac{\mathrm{\cancel{mol}\ g}}{\cancel{\mathrm{mol}}}=150\ \mathrm{g}$$ $$\require{cancel}m=n\cdot M=2.50\ \mathrm{mol}\times60.05\ \mathrm{g/mol}=150\ \frac{\mathrm{\cancel{mol}\ g}}{\cancel{\mathrm{mol}}}=150\ \mathrm{g}$$

  • $\begingroup$ Are there other LaTeX packages &c that can be loaded with that \require command? $\endgroup$
    – hBy2Py
    Commented Jan 31, 2017 at 15:04
  • 3
    $\begingroup$ Above comment converted to a question, here. $\endgroup$
    – hBy2Py
    Commented Jan 31, 2017 at 15:20

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .