Making my way through old reaction questions, I constantly wish that something regarding decomposition existed. It's not acid-base, it's not stoichiometry, and it definitely isn't reaction-mechanism. Sometimes it's hard to find ancillary tags when the main focus of the question is regarding the act of decomposition.
To be honest, I wish there was a single tag for each of the general reaction classes. For the sake of discussion, this is the one I'd want the most.
Counterargument: it will just serve as a dumping ground for old reaction questions.
- What does teflon give on decomposition?
- What exactly happened when I added KOH to hydrogen peroxide?
- Products of Lead(II) nitrate decomposition
- What metals aren't dissolved in/attacked by aqua regia?
- Thermal decomposition of calcium propionate
- Decomposition products of hexaurea-chromic-chloride-trihydrate
In these cases, I'm not making the argument that these are good questions, but that the present tags are poor because they are incomplete.
Here is it less of an issue, because the focus isn't on the decomposition itself: