The 2017 community promotion ads thread tells us that these kinds of ads would qualify:
- the site's twitter account
- interesting chemistry research sites
- useful resources for practitioner and student alike
- cool events or conferences
- anything else your community would genuinely be interested in
(My laboratory group and) I have been developing some useful chemistry software for a while now. In particular, molecular dynamics and monte carlo modeling software: https://github.com/khavernathy/mcmd , https://github.com/mpmccode/mpmc
Is it a jump to publicize our lab's code (cited some dozens of times) via the Chemistry.SE ads? i.e. if I want to share an ad, should I restrict myself to a more ubiquitous tool/software (like LAMMPS, cited thousands of times)?