Happy new year to everyone and I wish you all a wonderful time ahead!
There were a lot of "big" activity held for tags but I was not part of it due to time/work constraints. Since it's new year, it's a good time to take some cleaning activity for tags. Consider this as Tags gone wild … again but Part 2.
Tag info: User guidance and Tag Wikis
We have some tags that doesn't have any User guidance or Tag Wikis. Here's the list of all the tags that has at least one question tagged but doesn't have any tag info. Some of the tags are self-explanatory but it would be better if we can create tag info (atleast user guidance) which would be helpful for new users.
While preparing the document, I noticed that some of the tags are somewhat misused (although they are not that commonly used). Here are some of the tags in contention:
- chemical-education (created Nov. 21, 1 question): What does this do? We have got software
- chlorination (1 question): We have got halogenation
- chlorine (21 questions): Does chlorine needs its own tag? (
I guess chlorine is special)
- composition (5 questions): We have structural-formula and chemical-formula
- definition (3 questions): We have terminology
- electrical-properties (7 questions): What does it do? Does it means 'electrostatics'?
- iron and lead (26 questions and 3 question respectively): We already have metal and transition-metals.
I guess iron and lead are also special.
- pigments (1 question): We have dye
- reagents (28 questions): I believe this is one of the most misused tags because it has no strict definition due to lack of tag info. Some of the questions have 'reagent' in the title and hence they are inclined to use the tag. Other than that, I find its usage varied.
- rocks (13 questions): We have minerals
- spontaneity (4 question): What does this do? We can merge this to thermodynamics
It is not a one-man job so I'd like to ask the community to take the initiative and involve in this task if possible. I would also request the community to mention any other tags that I didn't include in this document (as I only considered the tags that doesn't have any tag info).