Today another user edited my answer for formatting, and in my opinion, made it worse. I can manually revert the changes of course, but there are several dozen. Is there an option to just rollback the edit? I see that option for my own edits, but not for this one. Is there a better way to handle this situation?


1 Answer 1


I found the answer - the "rollback" option on old edits means "rollback to this edit" - I am used to DVCS where "rollback" means "undo."

So, to revert an edit, just find a previous edit and select "rollback" to return to that state.

  • $\begingroup$ "Rollback" means to undo edits to revert to a prior version. Stackoverflow is using the DVCS definition. $\endgroup$ Jan 23, 2015 at 22:48

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .