M.S. in Materials Science
Notable Questions by other users:
- Can flames be colored black?
- Why are snowflakes shaped as they are?
- Why is it that every snowflake is unique?
- Why can a diamond be broken using a hammer if it's the hardest natural substance known?
- Is toothpaste solid or liquid?
- Why is Borax used as a primary standard?
- When a candle burns, why does the top of wick glow if bottom of flame is hottest?
- Why do copper (II) complexes contain so many valence electrons?
- Why is (NH4)2[CuCl4] square planar complex but Cs2[CuCl4] is tetrahedral?
- Why is absolute zero unattainable?
- How do organic chemistry mechanisms become accepted?
- Quadrupole moment of a molecule
- Why does graphite have a high melting point even though its intermolecular forces are weak?
- Is there a haloalkane for astatine?
Good Questions Needing Answers:
- Reaction mechanism for reduction of alkyl halide to alkane
- Mechanism for conversion of gem-dihalide to carbonyl compound
- Synthesis Golf X: TAK-457
- Why does saline have a pH of 5.5?
Notable Meta Posts:
- 20 most viewed questions that need answers (Updated 8 Sep 2019)
- Let's do the bounty dance!
- Suggestions for synthesis-golf targets
- Comment Templates
- Should "Chemical Request" questions be on topic here?
- Please exercise your votes
- Chemistry 11.7k 11.7k 77 gold badges3939 silver badges8686 bronze badges
- Law 2.2k 2.2k 11 gold badge1717 silver badges3333 bronze badges
- The Workplace 1.9k 1.9k 22 gold badges1313 silver badges1717 bronze badges
- Meta Stack Exchange 455 455 22 silver badges99 bronze badges
- Academia 395 395 22 silver badges88 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 323 Candidate's answer during an interview disqualifies them. Is it unprofessional to immediately inform them of this?
- 61 Is it unethical / unprofessional to make a stand of some sort in the workplace regarding animal rights?
- 56 Why register a logo as trademark if copyright protects it?
- 53 How does the mandate to report income from illegal activities in the US jibe with the Fifth Amendment?
- 43 Why isn't 'chemically-strengthened glass' made with potassium carbonate to begin with?
- 33 Is an isobar the same as an isotope?
- 32 When a candle burns, why does the top of wick glow if bottom of flame is hottest?
- View more network posts →