B.S. in Materials Science
Notable Questions by other users:
- Can flames be colored black?
- Why are snowflakes shaped as they are?
- Why is it that every snowflake is unique?
- Why can a diamond be broken using a hammer if it's the hardest natural substance known?
- Is toothpaste solid or liquid?
- Why is Borax used as a primary standard?
- When a candle burns, why does the top of wick glow if bottom of flame is hottest?
- Why do copper (II) complexes contain so many valence electrons?
- Why is (NH4)2[CuCl4] square planar complex but Cs2[CuCl4] is tetrahedral?
- Why is absolute zero unattainable?
- How do organic chemistry mechanisms become accepted?
- Quadrupole moment of a molecule
- Why does graphite have a high melting point even though its intermolecular forces are weak?
- Is there a haloalkane for astatine?
Good Questions Needing Answers:
- Reaction mechanism for reduction of alkyl halide to alkane
- Mechanism for conversion of gem-dihalide to carbonyl compound
- Synthesis Golf X: TAK-457
- Why does saline have a pH of 5.5?
Notable Meta Posts:
- 20 most viewed questions that need answers (Updated 6 Dec 2018)
- Let's do the bounty dance!
- Suggestions for synthesis-golf targets
- Comment Templates
- Should "Chemical Request" questions be on topic here?
- Please exercise your votes
Member for 3 years, 6 months
22 profile views
Last seen 2 days ago
Top network posts
- 323 Candidate's answer during an interview disqualifies them. Is it unprofessional to immediately inform them of this?
- 61 Is it unethical / unprofessional to make a stand of some sort in the workplace regarding animal rights?
- 54 Why register a logo as trademark if copyright protects it?
- 49 How does the mandate to report income from illegal activities in the US jibe with the Fifth Amendment?
- 41 Why isn't 'chemically-strengthened glass' made with potassium carbonate to begin with?
- 34 Is an isobar the same as an isotope?
- 32 When a candle burns, why does the top of wick glow if bottom of flame is hottest?
- View more network posts →