I have a Ph.D. in organic chemistry focusing on the synthesis and structure-property relationships of sequenced conjugated oligomers and polymers. I am an Associate Professor of Chemistry at Frostburg State University where my research projects with undergraduates focus on biorenewable chemistry, conjugated molecules as chemosensors, and analysis of volatile organics in foods and beverages by GCMS.
I currently serve as Chair of the Faculty at Frostburg State University, and I am co-liaison for FSU's participation in the inaugural cohort of the Excellence in Academic Advising project from NACADA and the Gardner Institute. I have completed the Microsoft Professional Program in Data Science, and my professional interests are shifting toward applications of data analytics and machine learning in student success and retention.
Frostburg State University Chemistry Department: https://www.frostburg.edu/dept/chem
Earn your BS in Chemistry @ Frostburg State: https://www.frostburg.edu/academics/majorminors/bachelor/bachelor-in-chemistry.php
Frostburg, MD, United States
Member for 8 years, 5 months
91 profile views
Last seen Aug 22 at 22:33
- Chemistry 38.9k 38.9k 88 gold badges102102 silver badges163163 bronze badges
- Academia 8.5k 8.5k 2626 silver badges5555 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 3k 3k 11 gold badge33 silver badges1313 bronze badges
- Data Science 312 312 66 bronze badges
- Mathematics 294 294 11 silver badge55 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 51 Can hot food ever emit x-rays or gamma rays?
- 48 Regioselectivity of acid-catalyzed ring-opening of epoxides
- 43 How do I figure out the hybridization of a particular atom in a molecule?
- 39 Why is methane's molecular formula conventionally "CH₄", while water is "H₂O" (among others)?
- 39 What would be the effect of the addition of an inert gas to a reaction at equilibrium?
- 38 What are "fake", "shady", and/or "predatory" journals?
- 37 How can I predict if a reaction will occur between any two (or more) substances?
- View more network posts →