Inactive at present wrt chemistry (read-only user)
To-do-list (or attempt to eventually): NB! The times below have been postponed until further notice which is perhaps during summer.
considering a thorough answer wrt reaction spontaneity with derivations and motivation for definitions; update 8th of February 2018: in progress, ccc 16 500.
answer Le Chatelier's principle: Are there any exceptions? – in progress, current character count (ccc):
30005000, fully complete hopefully in February; update (31st January 2018): literature overview...
add to and modify Historical aspects of amine vs ammine
[Archived 12th January 2018] In progress (collecting information, translating, pondering implications of collected data):
- complete answering Metals and aqua regia
EDIT: After consulting with a disturbing amount of literature, I have been unable to come up with a definitive source as to explain the non-occurance. My current understanding: no single compound is to blame. Most likely it's a mix of chlorides, oxochlorides, their hydrates, hydroxidochlorides, its hydrates and the different crystalline forms of these compounds. I wish there were a simpler answer. I doubt there is.
Member for 5 years, 1 month
40 profile views
Last seen 1 hour ago
- Chemistry 6.7k 6.7k 44 gold badges2828 silver badges6565 bronze badges
- Mathematics 1.1k 1.1k 11 gold badge88 silver badges1818 bronze badges
- TeX - LaTeX 319 319 11 silver badge1212 bronze badges
- Physics 268 268 11 silver badge1212 bronze badges
- English Language & Usage 166 166 77 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 40 What happens to a radioactive carbon dioxide molecule when its carbon-14 atom decays?
- 31 Why do shampoo ingredient labels feature the term "Aqua"?
- 28 Melting and boiling point trend in Group II
- 27 What metals aren't dissolved in/attacked by aqua regia?
- 27 How 'heavy' should an element be, to be a "Heavy Metal"?
- 18 What single, pure compound would best replace petrol?
- 17 Mathematical explanation behind dq = TdS
- View more network posts →