I am a graduated chemist, working in past in chromatography of drugs and water trace pollutants. I have quite a good general background in science and IT, the letter was as my hobby for long time.
I work currently in IT field, but keep myself in touch with chemistry via chemistry SE site.
Poutnik ( the full diacritics Poutník ) is my general nickname. It is a Czech word, not related to English pouting. Its meaning was originally religious ( a pilgrim ) and later was used the outddor/hiking context meaning as a wanderer on a long, usually multiday trip/journey. It is related to the famous Russion word sputnik via the protoslavic word root "puť" = a pilgrimage/a long journey.
Top network posts
- 42 Why does lemon juice reduce the "fish" odor of sea food — specifically fish?
- 27 Why is the graphite moderator in a nuclear reactor radioactive?
- 26 The importance of the cold chain in the food and the pharmaceutical industry
- 22 At what pressure will hydrogen start to liquefy at room temperature?
- 21 Why do green bell peppers become bitter when cooked?
- 21 Chilling water in copper vessel
- 16 Does an atom recoil when photon radiate?
- View more network posts →