I am working on my PhD in physics. My main field is spectroscopy using laser-induced breakdown spectroscopy (LIBS) and Raman spectroscopy. I am mainly an experimentalist who has unfortunately forgotten much of his theoretical studies. However, I am currently also dabbling in numerical simulations of laser-induced plasma, molecular reactions, and molecular spectra. My hope is to get back some of that theoretical knowledge that I once possessed!
The project which my PhD is based on is about the robotic exploration of the solar system. Our goal is to develop a small, lightweight instrument that can be used on asteroids, comets, and moons for geological studies and, of course, for finding life.
Member for 3 years, 7 months
0 profile views
Last seen Jul 31 '19 at 13:08
Top network posts
- 56 Is it true that good novels will automatically sell themselves on Amazon (and so on) and there is no need for one to waste time promoting?
- 38 Protagonist constantly has to have long words explained to her. Will this get tedious?
- 32 How can I convince my reader that I will not use a certain trope?
- 20 Is it bad to describe a character long after their introduction?
- 18 Is it possible to narrate a novel in a faux-historical style without alienating the reader?
- 16 Is it okay to have a sequel start immediately after the end of the first book?
- 14 How to write a nice frame challenge?
- View more network posts →