Associate Professor of Chemistry at University of Pittsburgh, developer of Open Babel and Avogadro open source chemistry software.
- Avogadro - Free, open source molecular editor and visualization
- Open Babel - The open chemical toolkit
- Pitt Quantum Repository - An open repository of thousands of computed molecular structures and properties.
The comments and answers given here, in no way reflect my department or the University of Pittsburgh, except when they're right. All mistakes are mine alone.
- Chemistry 25.5k 25.5k 33 gold badges6969 silver badges134134 bronze badges
- Matter Modeling 4.8k 4.8k 1212 silver badges3939 bronze badges
- Academia 2.7k 2.7k 1717 silver badges2525 bronze badges
- Parenting 612 612 66 silver badges1212 bronze badges
- Lifehacks 441 441 44 silver badges1010 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 178 Why is gold golden?
- 45 Why is FORTRAN so commonly used in computational chemistry?
- 40 Do professors in the STEM fields at U.S. universities get summers off?
- 38 Is Hexafluorocyclohexane the "Most Polar" Small Molecule?
- 36 Is there a database where we can find previously determined geometries of materials?
- 33 How to adopt flipped classroom strategies without student complaints?
- 32 How should a teaching-assistant deal with an angry student?
- View more network posts →