Determination + Hardwork = Success
Many are inspired by this legend. He solved those that were considered unsolvable back then. And all this by the age of 32. Respect!!!
Though he had almost no formal training in pure mathematics, he made substantial contributions to mathematical analysis, number theory, infinite series, and continued fractions, including solutions to mathematical problems then considered unsolvable. During his short life, Ramanujan independently compiled nearly 3,900 results (mostly identities and equations).
In Hardy's words:
I remember once going to see him when he was ill at Putney. I had ridden in taxi cab number 1729 and remarked that the number seemed to me rather a dull one, and that I hoped it was not an unfavorable omen. "No", he replied, "it is a very interesting number; it is the smallest number expressible as the sum of two cubes in two different ways."
Member for 2 years, 8 months
0 profile views
Last seen Feb 17 at 8:09
- Mathematics 790 790 33 silver badges1616 bronze badges
- English Language & Usage 265 265 11 silver badge99 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 188 188 11 silver badge1010 bronze badges
- Chemistry 178 178 11 silver badge1111 bronze badges
- English Language Learners 163 163 88 bronze badges
- View network profile
Keeping a low profile.
This user hasn't posted yet.
Jul 31 '19